Datum - 2 Oct 2012
18:00 - 20:30
bbv Software Services AG
We are extremely proud to hold an event about RavenDB with the inventor himself. Oren Eini aka Ayende Rahien will visit Switzerland and share with us great insights into RavenDB and especially the new version 1.2 release. Falling asleep in your chair was yesterday. Ayende is not only a great speaker but also an extremely smart person which knows to challenge his audience. Be part of it!
We are still looking for interesting short presentations for this usergroup meeting. Short presentations are the ideal format to give away your insights about the latest tools and techniques you use in your daily job. It is also a very good platform to sharpen your presenter skills. Send us an email to urs dot enzler at dotnet-zentral.ch or daniel dot marbach at dotnet-zentral.ch. Take the chance: you can give it in German or English!
2. File / New / HTTP Application mit Alexander Zeitler
3. RavenDB with Ayende Rahien
4. Knowledge Exchange/Apéro
bbv Software Services AG, Blumenrain 10, Luzern, 1. Stock
(Details siehe http://www.dotnet-zentral.ch/?page_id=98)
6 PM – 8:30 PM (After that apero)
- #dotznt (Hashtag-Usergroup)
RavenDB is the poster child for document databases in the .NET world. As the NoSQL movement goes mainstream many .NET developers are curious to know more about this tool. In this tutorial we will give you the skills you need to get up and running with RavenDB. The tutorial will leave with you an understanding of what a document DB is and when to use it, how to perform basic CRUD operations against one, and what you need to know to deploy one to production.
We will also discuss RavenDB 1.2 upcoming release and all the goodies that are coming with it.
Oren Eini has over 15 years of experience in the development world with a strong focus on the Microsoft and .NET ecosystem. And has been awarded the Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional since 2007. An internationally known presenter, Oren has spoken at conferences such as DevTeach, JAOO, QCon, Oredev, NDC, Yow! and Progressive.NET. Oren is the author of the book “DSLs in Boo: Domain Specific Languages in .NET”, published by Manning (http://manning.com/rahien/). Oren’s main focus is on architecture and best practices that promote quality software and zero-friction development. Oren, using his pseudonym as Ayende Rahien, is a frequent blogger at http://www.ayende.com/Blog/.
Oren Eini is the founder of Hibernating Rhinos LTD, a Israeli based company, offering:
- Consulting and mentoring services
- Code reviews
- Architectural reviews and system design
- developer productivity tools for OLTP applications such as:
- NHibernate Profiler (nhprof.com)
- Linq to SQL Profiler(l2sprof.com)
- Entity Framework Profiler (efprof.com)
- LLBLGen Profiler (llblgenprof.com)
- No SQL solutions
- RavenDB – a native .NET second generation document database (ravendb.net)
- RavenMD – a native .NET distributed queuing and messaging system (soon to be released)
Oren is the author of Rhino Mocks, one of the most popular mocking frameworks on the .NET platform, and is also a leading figure in other well known open source projects including:
- Rhino Tools Suite
- Rhino Mocks – mocking framework
- Rhino Commons – infrastructure framework
- Rhino Igloo – MVC framework for WebForms
- Rhino Security – security infrastructure for NHibernate
- Rhino DSL – Domain Specific Language building toolkit
- Rhino ESB – Distributed Service Bus framework
- Rhino Licensing – licensing infrastructure
- Rhino ETL – Extract/Transform/Load framework
- Rhino PHT – Persistent Hash Table for .NET
- Rhino DHT – Distributed Hash Table for .NET
- Rhino Queues – Distributed queuing infrastructure
- Castle project
His hobbies include reading fantasy novels, reviewing code, and writing about himself in the third person.
File / New / HTTP Application
File / New / HTTP Application – von 0 auf 100 mit der ASP.NET ASP.NET Web API in 15 Min. Der Teaser zeigt, wie man schlanke Web Serivces ohne Ballast entwickeln kann und die Spezifikation von HTTP geschickt nutzt.
By using our xing group dotnet-zentral or our website under Anmeldung. Attention: Seats are limited!
Come and visit the next meeting of the .NET Usergroup Zentralschweiz.
Urs Enzler and Daniel Marbach
Bookings are closed for this event.